Christmas is coming, it can not be denied, so get into the spirit by cooking drunk Christmas cake.
The ingredient of Easy bourbon Christmas cake
- 250g softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups (255g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1kg sunbeam mixed fruit
- 3/4 cup (185ml) bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup (75 g) self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) of flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 150g packet Sunbeam blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons of bourbon whiskey, extra
The instruction how to make Easy bourbon Christmas cake
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C (130u00b0C fan forced). Grease the bottom and sides of deep 19cm square cake pan with 3 thicknesses baking paper, bringing paper 5 cm above edge of the pan.
- Use an electric mixer, beat the butter, the sugar, the orange zest and juice in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition until just combined.
- Combine the fruits and bourbon in large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the butter mixture, combined flour and nutmeg and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. The scattering of Almonds on top of cake and press gently on the cake. -yyy- . Bake in the preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven. Brush extra bourbon evenly over the top of the hot cake. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool completely.
Nutritions of Easy bourbon Christmas cakefatContent: 433.546 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 59 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 46 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 6 grams protein