this is the night before Christmas and you havent made a cake? Just follow this recipe, the benefit of all!
The ingredient of The night before Christmas cake
- 175g of unsalted butter, softened
- 225 g brown sugar
- 275 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 175 ml buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 225 g of fresh minced meat
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 50g hazelnuts
- 50 g blanched almonds
- 85 g of brazil nuts
- 140g glace cherries red
- 100g of golden syrup
- 2/3 cup (100 g) icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make The night before Christmas cake
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line base of a springform pan of 20 cm cake pan. Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy, sift the flour and baking powder and add to the butter mixture with the butter and eggs. Stir in the zest with fruit, minced meat, and brandy. Spoon into pan and bake for 1 hour.
- in the Meantime, for the florentines of the filling, place the nuts, cherries and golden syrup in a saucepan and warm over medium heat. When the cake has cooked for 1 hour, remove from the oven and spread the topping on. Back for another 15 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, mix the sugar and lemon juice, place in a piping bag with a small nozzle and drizzle over the cake. Decorate with a ribbon, if you wish.
Nutritions of The night before Christmas cakefatContent: 809.254 calories
saturatedFatContent: 35 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 106 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 81 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 11 grams protein