These Christmas cakes make delightful gifts this holiday season.
The ingredient of Individual Christmas cakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 185 g butter, chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 750 g sultanas
- 200g Sunbeam glacu00e9 cherries, cut into two
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 x 500g packets of ready-to-white-cherry
- 1 eggwhite, lightly beaten
- Assorted food coloring, decorating
The instruction how to make Individual Christmas cakes
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C. Lightly grease a 5cm-deep, 20cm (base) square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Sift the flours and cinnamon in a large bowl. Place the butter, sugar, jam, orange juice, grapes and cherries in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the butter mixture and eggs to flour mixture. Times until just combined (do not overmix). Pour into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 1 hour. Turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut cake into 4 squares. Turn the cakes upside down. Place the jam in a heat-resistant, microwave in a bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted. Brush the cakes.
- Divide the frosting into 4 portions. Roll out 1 portion on a sheet of baking paper to a 25cm x 25cm square. Instead of the icing on 1 cake, smoothing the sides and corners. Carefully, cut off the excess frosting, reserving scraps. Repeat with the remaining cakes and freeze portions.
- Knead icing the pieces together. Divide it into smaller portions. Tint each portion with food colouring, kneading until the color is the same. Roll portions between sheets of baking paper. By using Christmas-themed cutters, cut out shapes. Brush with eggwhite. Place on the cakes. Place cakes on small cardboard squares. Decorate a plate of cakes with the ribbon. Wrap in cellophane and secure with more tape.
Nutritions of Individual Christmas cakesfatContent: