For something fruity and delicious to sweeten the holiday season, try this figgy Christmas cake.
The ingredient of Figgy Christmas cakes
- natural-50g of chopped almonds
- 100 ml brandy
- 250g dried Greek figs (see note), finely chopped
- 150g of raisins, chopped
- 125g of glace orange peel strips (see note), finely chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 110 g (1/2 cup) powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g Italian amaretti biscuits, crumbled
- 75g of self-raising flour
- 50 g (1/3 cup) white flour
- Thick cream, to serve
- Poached cherries (see recipe), to serve
The instruction how to make Figgy Christmas cakes
- Combine almonds, brandy and dried and glace fruits in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 150u00b0C. during this time, the grease 10 x 125ml (1/2 cup) moulds dariole well and line bases with rounds of baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and a pinch of salt until combined, then stir in the eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla and amaretti. Sift the flours, more, add the fruit mixture and mix well. Spoon batter among moulds, tap on work surface to remove air pockets, level tops, then bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until cooked when a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Stand cakes in pans for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with poached cherries and their juices and topped with cream.
Nutritions of Figgy Christmas cakesfatContent: 508.353 calories
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 51 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 8 grams protein