Spread the joy this Christmas. These Christmas cupcakes are great gifts for family and friends.
The ingredient of Christmas cupcakes
- 1kg of mixed dried fruit
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry or brandy
- 250g softened butter
- 1 cup (220 g) brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (300g) white flour
- 2 teaspoons of spices for gingerbread
- 1/2 cup (110 g) apricot jam
- 2kg white fondant icing
- Pure icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Christmas cupcakes
- Combine the dried fruit, orange zest, orange juice and sherry or brandy in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside overnight to soak.
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Grease and line 20 cm square cake pan with 3 layers of baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the fruit mixture and stir to mix well. Add the flour and spices to gingerbread. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Gently tap on the bench to settle the mixture. Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover with aluminum foil and put the cake on the kitchen bench. Leave in pan and let cool completely.
- Use a large serrated knife, cut cake into 16 x 5cm squares. Melt the jam in a saucepan over medium heat. Strain through a sieve into a small bowl.
- Divide the fondant into 16 portions. Dust a clean work surface with icing sugar. A roll of 1 the basis of the portion into a 15cm disc. Brush the warm jam on the top and sides of 1 cake square. The facility on the basis of the cake square to cover. Use a small sharp knife to cut it. Repeat with the remaining cakes and fondant. Tie the ribbon around cakes to decorate.
Nutritions of Christmas cupcakesfatContent: 886.69 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 181 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 5 grams protein