Start this traditional fruit cake recipe two days earlier to ensure that it is ready for the great feast of Christmas.
The ingredient of Easy traditional christmas cake
- 1 cup (160 g) sultanas
- 1 3/4 cups (280 g) of raisins
- 1 1/2 cups (225 g) raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup (85 g) mixed peel
- 1 cup (200 g) candied cherries, chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) dark rum or apple juice
- 250g softened butter
- 1 cup (220g) brown sugar
- 4 Coles Brand Australian egg
- 1 1/2 cup (210 g) flaked almonds
- 3/4 cup (110 g) all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup (110 g) self-raising flour, dim
- 1 teaspoon of MasterFoods spices for gingerbread
- 1 teaspoon of MasterFoods nutmeg ground
- 2 teaspoons of MasterFoods cinnamon ground
- icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Easy traditional christmas cake
- Combine the raisins, currants, raisins, mixed peel, candied cherries and rum in a large bowl. Cover and set aside, stirring occasionally, for 2 days of maceration.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease a square 23cm (base measurement) cake pan or a 25cm round (base measurement) cake pan with 3 layers of baking paper, extending paper 5 cm above the rim.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix the almonds in the mixture. Add the mixture to the butter mixture with the combined sifted flour and spices. Stir until well combined. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the oven. Wrap the pan in a tea towel and leave to cool completely. Turn the cake from the mold and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.
Nutritions of Easy traditional christmas cakefatContent: