Chocolate Christmas cake pops make delightfully novel food gifts if you can bear to part with them!
The ingredient of Christmas cake pop
- 125g of softened butter
- 3/4 cup (155g, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cocoa powder, sifted
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (150g) icing sugar mixture
- 375g pkt milk chocolate melts
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 100g of white chocolate to melt
- Silver cachous, to decorate
The instruction how to make Christmas cake pop
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Grease and line the base of a round 20 cm cake pan. Use an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and cocoa powder and stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Break the cake. Process in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl.
- Process the cream cheese and icing sugar in a food processor until smooth and combined. Add the cake crumbs and stir until well combined.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Roll tablespoonfuls of cake mixture into balls and place on the prepared tray. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 4 hours or until firm.
- put the milk chocolate melts in a bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate is melted. Add the vegetable oil and mix.
- Dip at the end of 1 lollypop stick in chocolate then insert into a ball. Back to the status bar. Repeat with the remaining balls. Set aside for 5 minutes or until set.
- Dip 1 cake ball into the melted chocolate, turning to coat well. Gently tap on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Insert the cake pop in the polystyrene to stand upright. Repeat with the remaining balls and chocolate. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place of white chocolate to melt in a bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Spoon a little melted chocolate on top of each cake pop, allowing it to run over the sides slightly. Sprinkle with silver cachous to decorate. Return to polystyrene to set completely.
Nutritions of Christmas cake popfatContent: