This isnt Christmas without the fruits and spices of a traditional Christmas cake.
The ingredient of Traditional Christmas cake
- 2 cups sultanas
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup raisins chopped
- 1/2 cup halved red glace cherries
- 1/2 cup mixed peel
- 1/3 cup rum
- 250g butter, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 100g Nestle Plaistowe Dark cooking Chocolate, fade
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of spices for gingerbread
- 125g slivered almonds
- 50g Nestle Plaistowe Dark cooking Chocolate, melted, extra
- 50g Nestle Plaistowe Premium White cooking chocolate, melted
- icing sugar, dust
The instruction how to make Traditional Christmas cake
- Combine the raisins, currants, raisins, cherries, peel and rum in a large bowl, cover, and rest for 1 hour or until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C. Grease and line the bottom and sides of a round 23 cm (base measurement of the depth of the cake pan with two layers each of brown paper and baking paper.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and jam.
- Add the cream, mix fruit mixture with the sifted flour, cinnamon, mixed spice and almonds and mix well.
- pour the mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until cooked. Cover the cake and leave to cool in the pan, overnight.
- Place 2 sheets of baking paper on a flat surface. Spread thinly and evenly with a supplement of dark chocolate on one and white chocolate on the other. Set aside to cool. When almost, cut out stars, tart strawberries. Place in refrigerator until completely set. Dust cake with icing sugar and decorate with stars to serve.
Nutritions of Traditional Christmas cakefatContent: 167.778 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 2 grams protein