Go the traditional Christmas rich pudding to steam to finish the holiday.
The ingredient of Steamed Christmas pudding
- 1 cup raisins, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup prunes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh dates, pitted, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup rum
- 250g of butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Steamed Christmas pudding
- Combine raisins, currants, raisins, figs, prunes, dates and rum in a large bowl. The cover. Rest all night.
- Grease an 8 cup-capacity metal pudding steamer. Line base with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and orange zest until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Incorporate the fruit blend. Sift the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, ginger and cinnamon over mixture. Add the bread crumbs. Times to mix.
- pour the mixture into prepared steamer. The secure lid. Place in a large saucepan. Pour boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the side of the steam. Cover the pan. Place on low heat. Boil for 5 hours, adding boiling water if necessary. Remove the pan from the heat. Gently lift water vapor. Rest for 10 minutes. Remove the cover. Turn pudding on to a plate. Serve with pastry cream.
Nutritions of Steamed Christmas puddingfatContent: 574.795 calories
saturatedFatContent: 21.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 13.3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 82.9 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 8.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 124 milligrams cholesterol