The ingredient of Cranberry, sultana
- Melted butter, to grease
- 510g (3 cups) sultanas
- 255 g (1 3/4 cup) dried cranberries
- 250 ml (1 cup) brandy
- 250g of butter at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 300 g (2 cups) all-purpose flour, dim
- 75 g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour, sifted
- 140 g (1 cup) pistachio kernels
- 2 egg whites
- 450 g (3 cups) icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 egg white
- powdered sugar to decorate
- 24 (about 250g) fresh cherries, stem
The instruction how to make Cranberry, sultana
- Preheat the oven to 160u00b0C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and side with 1 layer of brown paper and 1 layer of non-stick baking paper.
- Place the raisins, cranberries and brandy in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Cover and set aside 1 hour to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until combined. Stir in the combined flour, sultana mixture and pistachios until combined. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in the oven for 1 3/4-2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Wrap the cake and pan with a clean, dry tea towel and set aside for 3 to 4 hours or overnight to cool.
- To make syrup from cherries, line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the egg white and sugar in separate bowls. The brush 1 cherry with a little egg white. Dip them in the sugar and turn to coat. Place on the prepared tray. Repeat the operation with three-quarters of the rest of the cherries. Set aside for 15 minutes or until sec.
- To make the frosting, use an electric mixer to beat the egg white, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl until firm peaks form.
- pour the glaze over the cake, allowing it drip down the sides. Garnish with cherries and sweet the rest of the cherries.
Nutritions of Cranberry, sultanafatContent: