Christmas is not the same without a rich, fondant covered fruit cake.
The ingredient of Fruit cake of thin
- 2 eggs, plus 1 eggwhite
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 410g jar of fruit mince
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (50 ml) of brandy
- 150g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup of dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups (263g) of white flour, dim
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam
- icing sugar, to dust
- 500g packed with almond paste
- 500g packaged fondant icing
The instruction how to make Fruit cake of thin
- Preheat the oven (not fan-forced) to 170u00b0C. Grease and line the bottom and sides of a square 18cm cake pan.
- Place 2 eggs, milk, fruits, meat, minced, cognac, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix. Add the fruit salad and nuts, and sift in the flour and the baking powder. Stir until well combined, then place in the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes - if the cake is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Hot jam in the microwave, then brush over the cake to help the marzipan stick.
- Dust bench with a little icing sugar and roll out the almond paste to a square large enough to cover the top and sides of the cake. Place it on the cake, cut the excess and smooth the hands. Brush the almond paste with eggwhite. Dust bench with a little more icing sugar and roll the fondant. Of the mold on the cake and cut the edges and the base so that the glaze is well settled. Place cake on a serving platter, tied with a ribbon and flowers to decorate the top and sides.
Nutritions of Fruit cake of thinfatContent: 1142.42 calories
saturatedFatContent: 45 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 160 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 133 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 20 grams protein