no-cook, make-ahead Christmas treat, perfect to serve as an after dinner accompaniment.
The ingredient of Ginger and pistachio fridge cake
- 250g gingernut biscuits, cut into pieces 2cm
- 1/3 cup) toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup of pistachios, almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried soft and juicy figs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons glace ginger, finely chopped
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 80g of butter, in pieces
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, finely grated
- 1/4 cup NESTLu00c9 BAKERS CHOICE Milk Choc Melts
The instruction how to make Ginger and pistachio fridge cake
- Grease a 6cm-deep 9 cm x 19 cm (base) loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5 cm above edges. Combine the cookies, pecans, pistachios, cranberries, figs, and ginger in a large bowl.
- Place dark chocolate, butter and condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Stir in the zest. Add to the biscuit mixture. Stir until well combined.
- pour the mixture into the prepared pan. At the level of the surface with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set.
- put the chocolate melts in a microwave in a bowl. Microwave at HIGH power (100%), stirring with a metal spoon halfway through, for 1 minute until melted and smooth.
- Using the baking paper, lift the cake from the pan and transfer to a plate. Throw the paper. Drizzle the top with melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has set. Cut into slices. Serve (see note).
Nutritions of Ginger and pistachio fridge cakefatContent: 338.424 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16.7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 42 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 4.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 17 milligrams cholesterol