Wow your guests at Christmas with this super moist fruit cake.
The ingredient of Quick-mix-fruit-cake
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spices
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 cups fruit mince (see notes)
- 100g packet red glace cherries, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 250g butter, melted, cooled
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almonds, to decorate
- 1/4 cup brandy
The instruction how to make Quick-mix-fruit-cake
- Preheat the oven to 150 u00b0 C/130 u00b0 C fan forced. Grease a 6cm deep, 20 cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with 3 layers of baking paper, extending paper 3cm above edges of the pan.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice in a large bowl. Add the sugar, fruit, ground meat, cherries, orange zest, orange juice, egg and butter. Stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Top-level. Press gently on the bench to remove any air bubbles. High-level again. Arrange almonds on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 3 hours or until a small knife inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean (cover cake loosely with foil if the top starts to over-brown during cooking). Sprinkle the cake with brandy. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Turn into a flat board to cool completely. To serve.
Nutritions of Quick-mix-fruit-cakefatContent: 452.427 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 7.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 61.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 6.7 grams protein
sodiumContent: 56 milligrams cholesterol